Have a question?

If you have a question or need help, you may find an answer on this page. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please get in touch with us.

Contact TASC
TASC frequently asked questions

  • General services

    Can I refer someone to you?

    Yes, if you have their permission.

    Do I have to tell my employer that I’m getting support from TASC?

    No, TASC’s services and independent and confidential, and you don’t have to tell your employer you are working with us.

    Will you notify my employer if I’m receiving support from TASC?

    No, our services are independent and completely confidential.

    I’m a volunteer in an ambulance service, can TASC support me?

    We can support anyone who has been an active volunteer in a UK ambulance service for at least 3 years. Volunteer roles vary, but include patient transport drivers and community first responders (CFRs). A UK ambulance service could be:

    • An NHS ambulance service
    • A CQC-registered private ambulance service
    • St John Ambulance
    • Red Cross
  • Volunteering

    Who can volunteer?

    We value diversity and encourage volunteers from all walks of life. However, due to the nature of our work, we can only offer volunteering opportunities to people aged 18 years old and above.

    How much time will I have to give?

    We’re grateful for whatever time you’re able to give. Our roles are flexible, allowing you to fit your volunteering activities around work and other commitments.

    What support will I receive?

    All volunteers are supported by our dedicated Volunteering Team. Following your registration, you will be asked to complete a short online induction that will teach you everything you need to know about becoming a TASC volunteer.

    Once you have completed the induction, you will have access to our ‘Volunteer Hub’ which has lots of useful information and resources.

    I’m a volunteer, can I claim expenses?

    As a TASC volunteer, we will reimburse you for any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses, such as travel costs.

  • Fundraising

    Can I have TASC branded collections tins and materials at my own organised fundraising event?

    Once you’ve told us what you’re doing to fundraise for us, you’ll be able to request TASC branded materials to help with your fundraising. Using materials with the TASC logo on can help give your fundraising a professional edge, but because it costs us to produce and post fundraising materials, please order a modest number, or send a donation to cover postage and stock costs.

    Can TASC promote my fundraising event?

    Where possible, we will try to promote your fundraising event. We can also offer advice on how to promote your fundraising event with your local newspaper or radio station, or using social media. Please get in touch with fundraising@theasc.org.uk to find out more.

    What’s the best way for me to collect money and donations for a sponsored event?

    The best way to collect money and donations is by setting up an online JustGiving or GoFundMe page.

    Learn how to set up your page

    How do I pay my money in?

    For details on how to pay in your money in, visit our fundraising page.

    How do I know that my money and donations have reached you?

    It can take us a few weeks to process your donations, however, as soon as we’ve received your money we will send you a thank you letter by way of receipt.

    How do I claim Gift Aid on the money I raise?

    As a registered charity, TASC can claim back an extra 25p on every £1 donated to us in Gift Aid. For us to be able to claim Gift Aid, you need to check the sponsor or donor is a UK taxpayer, record their home address, postcode, donation amount and make sure they tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsor form or web page.

Want to hear more about TASC?

Sign up to our email list and get our latest news, free resources, and opportunities straight to your inbox every month.

Sign up now

We rely on your support

As a national charity, we rely on your support and generosity to continue providing our life-changing support. There are so many ways you can get involved, from donating and fundraising, to joining a TASC challenge or recycling your old clothes in one of our clothing banks. Click on the links below to get started.

How you can support TASC’s cause

Need help?

Drop us a message


Contact us

Email us

Apply for


Apply here