Volunteers’ Week runs from 1st-7th June and this year TASC will once again be celebrating our volunteers’ contribution and thanking them for their continued support for our cause.
Over the last two years, TASC has seen a 400% increase in the number of people supporting our charity and we currently have over 330 active volunteers who donated over 3,000 hours in 2020/21.
The last year has been incredibly difficult for everyone, especially ambulance staff. 9 in 10 of TASC’s volunteers are serving ambulance staff and in the last 12 months they have continued to work with TASC to support their colleagues, and in many cases increased the support they offer through additional training in peer support and bereavement. In total, our volunteers’ contribution, in financial terms, is valued at £53,280 based on statistics from talent.com.
As well as promoting TASC in their areas, our volunteers have made some great achievements in the last 12 months:
Raised through sales of our commemorative memorial badge
Appearance on BBC’s Saturday Kitchen Live to promote our Yorkshire volunteers’ work with Thomas Franks and Northern College to bring fresh food hampers to ambulance staff
1 in 3
Have undertaken additional training to offer peer support to their colleagues
have taken part in a Cruse training session to learn how to support people going through a bereavement
Karl Demian, TASC’s Chief Executive Officer, said:
“I continue to be humbled by the dedication and contributions of our volunteers, many of whom are serving staff during one of the most difficult times in living memory. Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do at TASC and I am extremely grateful for their continued support to our cause to be here for the ambulance community in their time of need.”
To thank our volunteers for their hard work and give them the opportunity to focus on their own wellbeing, TASC has arranged a number of free experiences and vouchers in locations across the nation for volunteers to book on to including:
- Spa days
- Wellbeing webinars
- Football stadium tour
- Surfing therapy experiences
- Walking tours
- Paddle-boarding taster sessions
All experiences and vouchers have been donated by the organisers/owners. A full list of donors is available at the bottom of this post.
During Volunteers’ Week, TASC volunteers also have the opportunity to enter a free prize draw to win:
- an overnight stay with bed & breakfast and use of the spa facilities at a 5* hotel kindly donated by The Eastbury Hotel & Spa in Sherborne, Dorset.
- an afternoon tea at home delivery kindly donated by Cutter and Squidge
- five runner-up prizes of a mini skincare pack donated by Tropic
To enter, TASC volunteers just need to post on of the following on social media either accompanied by the hashtag #TASCSuperstar:
- a photo of them enjoying their experience/voucher
- a story about their TASC volunteering
- a photo of them holding the Volunteer’s Week poster
All appropriate entries will be added to the prize draw and the winners will be chosen at random on 7th June 2021. The prize draw terms and conditions are available at the bottom of this post.
Marieanne Curtis, TASC’s Volunteer Manager, said:
“Our volunteering superstars continue to do amazing things for TASC, and Volunteers’ Week is our opportunity to say thank you for their hard work. The last year has been incredibly tough and we want to give our volunteers the opportunity to try something new and maybe take some time out to focus on their own wellbeing. This is only possible thanks to the generous donations of businesses and organisations across the UK and we really appreciate their support on this project.”
Throughout Volunteers’ Week, TASC will be celebrating the contribution and impact their volunteers have on our work, so make sure you’re following us on social media to stay up-to-date:
- Piglets Pantry
- Vivid Leadership
- Manchester Stress Institute
- Chelsea FC
- K West
- Wiltshire Outdoor Learning
- Dudley Canal & Tunnel Trust
- Surf School Wales
- Outdoor Pursuits Scotland
- Lion Quays Resort
- The Bridge Hotel
- Peak District National Park
- Cutter and Squidge
Prize draw terms and conditions
- Only appropriate social media posts using the hashtag #TASCSuperstar will be counted.
- No cash alternative.
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- The competition is open to TASC Volunteers who are residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of TASC, The Ambulance Staff Charity and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Copyright to the entries will remain with the entrant but the entrant licences TASC to use their photographs to promote the brand across websites and social media.
- Entries close at 12pm on 7th June 2021. The winners of the prize draw will be selected at random and notified by 5pm on 7th June 2021.