TASC launches new physiotherapy support for the ambulance community
TASC, The Ambulance Staff Charity, is excited to launch our new funded service for beneficiaries to receive up to ten physiotherapy sessions with a local therapist of their own choosing. The new service increases the charity’s range of physical rehabilitation services which also includes intensive residential support through joint working with Police Treatment Centres and Fire Fighters Charity treatment centres.
Karl Demian, TASC’s Chief Operating Officer, said:
''The launch of this new service is another important step in TASC’s growth as we continue to strive to provide our ambulance community with the support they need to improve their quality of life and help them continue doing the job they love.''
TASC’s new service is offered to anyone with an injury or physical difficulty due to, or worsened by their work. To be eligible for the service, applicants must:
- Have an injury or physical difficulty as a direct result their work.
- Have an injury or phyical difficulty that is made worse by their work.
Applicants must also meet one of the following conditions:
- Worked for an NHS ambulance service for at least 12 months – includes people who have previously served in an ambulance service or are retired
- Worked for a CQC registered independent ambulance service for at least 12 months – includes people who have previously served in an ambulance service or are retired
To apply for support, you will need to send us the following information:
- A completed application form. You can contact our Support Services Team and ask them to send you a paper version in the post
- Medical evidence of the condition you would like physiotherapy for and how it will help improve your quality of life
- Details of the professionally-registered physiotherapist you would like funding to see.
To learn about TASC’s other services visit www.theasc.org.uk or contact us at:
T: 0800 1032 999 E: firstname.lastname@example.org